Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Mision Esperanza

I just returned from Nicaragua this very evening...and, well, I just have to touch base. I don't know if I have ever felt such profound sadness, helplessness and hope in a single moment, a single day or any period of time in my life as I feel right now and since I boarded the plane in Managua... to leave, el irse... I had twelve hours of travel to feel all of these things...I had a moment when I felt paralized...walking from the plane to exit the airport in Jacksonville...there was a pull...a pull back to Nica.
Of course, I was very anxious to see my daughter and share my experience. Of course, I wanted a hot shower and the comfort of my bed and my stuff and to read all my emails and just breath.  But, I am not ready to leave Nica and I am ready to return... October cannot come soon enough. I know exactly the location of my heart.   So many  hopes, dreams, plans...prayers...
The mission team I spent the last week with were amazing in so many ways...I will be forever rooted in Mission #42 and to the wonderful people....the companions I shared this experience with and blessed to continue onward with the vital work that needs to be done... siempre!
I will elaborate a bit more later, but I just had to get some of this emotion off my heavy heart.
I love all of you and you are all in my prayers and always will be. Sister Debbie...you have way of capturing the heart of the matter and of the people you touch.
Blessings,
Anna



No comments:

Post a Comment

“Because the loaf of bread is one...